The USD 489 Foundation for Educational Excellence provides an ideal opportunity for alumni, parents, community businesses, and other supporters of our schools to make good things happen in education.
Through private, charitable bequests and lifetime giving, we can stimulate innovations in instruction. We can provide facilities and services not available through public funding. Working together, we can indeed ensure a legacy of excellence.
The Foundation is a nonprofit 501(C)(3) corporation that qualifies for tax-exempt contributions. As a partnership between our schools and community, the Foundation facilitates private contributions of cash, products, and services to enrich the education we offer our youth.
* Provided an opportunity for individuals to give tax-deductible scholarships to Hays High graduates;
* Provided matching funds needed for federal grants;
* Provided numerous materials and supplies for our classrooms;
* Provided extra milk, lunches, school fees, etc. for at-risk students;
* Provided special training to both parents and teachers for the benefit of our children;
* Contributed to extra-curricular activities;
* Supplemented special building projects as specified by individual donors;
Many projects in our schools are possible only because individuals and businesses in our community care to make a difference in the lives of our children.
For more information contact the USD 489 Foundation
Contact Administrator: Ms. Cheryl Shubert
Unrestricted (USD 489's Greatest Need)